Being a developer is not just about the ‘code’. Our developers are all-rounders who can write exceptional, well-designed, and testable code but also collaborate effectively within their team and with others. Over and above the technical know-how, you’ll need good verbal and written skills as you slowly build up relationships with our clients. We treat our clients like partners – they’re an important part of the team and we strive to work together to build something beautiful. As an intern developer, it’s always important to keep learning, whether that means new language platforms, keeping ahead of industry trends and methodologies, or other facets of the tech stack – our goal is to develop the best products to solve our client’s needs.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES | THE WHAT & THE HOW
● Intake of interns will be accepted on the basis that the potential intern:
○ has completed or is currently completing a CS degree; or
○ has completed a code school program; or
○ has self-taught themselves a programming language.
● Must understand the basic working of their respective language.
● Must have an understanding of how to communicate a problem or a bug.
● Must be able to find help on problems from the internet.
● It will be required that the intern is able to use the basics of the Git version control system.
The basic requirements include:
o Cloning a remote repository,
o Creating a branch to work on,
o Continuously committing work done,
o Setting up a remote repository on GitHub,
o Pushing a working branch to a remote repository,
o Merging branches to master/main branches,
o Checking out of branches,
o Deleting branches, and
o Fixing merge conflicts.
● Someone who is motivated, energetic and always focused on the task at hand.
● An analytical thinker who can work under pressure, often unsupervised and can close off the least complex of tasks.
● A proactive, continuous and quick learner who is genuinely excited about industry trends and has a passion for technology and knowledge.
● A forward thinker who considers how the code that is written will have an impact later on.
● Good communication and teamwork are critical – you’ll not only be dealing with developers but also designers, product owners, clients and other key stakeholders.
● Learning from junior, intermediate and senior developers.
● Must understand how platforms such as Heroku.
● Must understand any tools that are required to complete the learning and application program.
● Must have the ability to read and understand an existing codebase and must understand extending it or fixing any bugs in it.
● Must have an understanding of error messages and what they indicate.